segunda-feira, abril 14, 2003

Notes on this fucked war

I have strong opinions about the war and politics in a general fashion, but I tend to keep them to myself and to my friends, and sometimes we discuss it drinking on da pub, where this kind of talk seems to fit better. Friday a really cool and interesting guy came on ICQ asking me to translate some comments made in portuguese on his blog. No one he asked before payed him attention. Everyone refused to talk to him because "I don't talk to americans or british". Hellooooo? This is SO prejudiced as saying "I don't talk to latin americans/niggers/indians/gays/your favorite flavor of differencial here." The comments were brazilian opinions about a picture between other posts talking about war. Doug seems to have a opinion aligned to mine when it comes to this war. None of us had intentions to talk about the subject but were drawn by circunstances to do it. For him it became a little more obligatory, since he's English and guess what? He paints "political driven" stuff and has an URL that IS HOT to go for at these times: www.nofear.org. Shit, it almost burns in the hands of its owner, lol. I guess with a great virtual address comes heavier web responsibilities, spidey... All this fucked war's about is two mad men running for oil and a lot of FEAR and dead innocents.

From all this I keep two things: people *really* sucks and I hope I made a new friend :-)