quarta-feira, abril 17, 2002

Once starting a brand new creation process you're guaranteed to atract also something that ALWAYS comes in the bag when you happen to have an incredible idea in the middle of street and feels like urging to put it on paper: the BORING ones. Like, yesterday at lunchtime: I take with me my good and old black Bic pen and enough paper to draft my ideas and go eat an sfiha at the shopping near my job... Inclined over the balcon I start to read what I wrote the night before to take a grip on the idea, divided between sketching the characters or resume the line. I KNEW there was people looking at me, BUT hey, I won't stop myself of working an idea and loosing it just 'cause there's someone staring at me. So I'm reading the piece I worked when one of the girl clerks says: "bitsy tiny your writing, don't?" I smile kind of odd to her and try to concentrate myself on the piece and on the sfiha and can't help myself to start sketching the principal character. "You draw nicely! Are you an arts teacher?" she asks me, looking at me with a face that reminds me of a glad puppy... My thoughts interrupted again, I try to restrain the creative flux and just don't let the idea die in my hands and look at her, gulping my will of answering what crosses my mind and letting escape a note of impatience in my voice I answer "No, I'm not" and go back to the task of giving birth to the dark hair and pale face of Alice Stone... Still being observed by both clerk girls and I guess 3 people more I see a guy wearing black, kinda different the bunch around me, coming near my side and amuse himself with the scene. For the sake of my peace of mind I decide to stop sketching and start to write, so I would draw less attention over me... Words coming through the pen, I work my mind into a line, then another... "Are you an english teacher?" sounds the annoying voice of the brunette clerk. Once cut again from my dark universe by the shining colors of the fastfood world I force myself into a slight laugh that comes like anything but a smile and say with an strangled voice: "No. WHY are you asking me this?" "Oh, because you're writing in english and you're doing it SO fine... BUT it's OK, we're not understanding a word of what you're writing!" "NO, I AM NOT an english teacher." I say trying to come back to the feelings of my character and finish eating my sfiha... Just to ten seconds later get up my head and see both girls staring at me while I write, completely unaware of other customers, jumping to their places under my incredule look... I startled, barely avoiding a laughter... It was incredible... I decided to stop writing too and finished eating the sfiha. It was the guy in black time to pick his chance of starting doing a form: "You draw well... it's for what?" I answer like I already did thousand times in my short life: "I'm working on a new comic..." and wait for the famous phrase: "I have a cousin that drwas too, you should meet him". And SO he surprises me by saying? "I have a friend who draws too, I find it cool... Did you publish your work? How much you gain with your work?" and so it goes, unstoppable... I answered the same I always do at these times, pay for my lunch and get out of there, feeling a sudden will of going to an empty place on upper street to sit myself under some nice tree and not having any kind of contact with another member of the human civilization until the end of my lunch time...