segunda-feira, dezembro 24, 2001

At my time of closed-door blogging, I have write this text in October that I translate now about Decadence, more to myself as I usually do but since you're always asking about the project I guess you would find it interesting...

"At this year's May I divorced from my husband, Alexandre, after being engaged with him since 1993 into a history of love, twin souls, creativity, total envolvement, depression, pain, sex, gains and losts. There's six months I'm trying to reconstruct my life, that seems like a empty senseless nothing. I miss something that probably I have always missed.

Anyway, in 93 I created Decadence and at the first times the creativity and craziness flux that gave birth to the city was increased by my union with Alex. Soon it was being put aside for I had to dedicate my time to his projects, that became mine. Decadence passed to live only in my dreams so to say and as "the wonderfull never-to-be-realized Elaine's project that never went on". BUT the stories always haunted me in the dark of night, begging to come out, to be brought to surface, to get out of my head. At these last six apathic months living a pretty unstable depressive routine, I tried to start and put some order in Decadence and let the city live and be born again, almost ten years later. Ten years later, my autocriticy tells me that most of I have done all these years is pure garbage. BUT many things are damn good! So I decided to stop beng that fucking racional and try to make some sense of all that stuff, to let the city come out again. Just let it be. I have to finish Decadence and put it in some place, probably on the web, even if it's the unique real good thing I do in my entire life. I need to see it finished. Even if I have to die in the process of birth.

There's more or less a month a good friend, Andre, came back to my life as old friends usually do and as he's a penciler too, we started to chat. I was with the returning of Decadence bugging into my mind so we talked and spent some good hours over it and he liked it. So it seems, Decadence still worths something, even after all these years. He says he wants to work at the first story arch of plots, doing his own version. I find it cool, I don't know at this time in my life if I have enough time or force in my hands to draw it all alone. I'm too much into my highs and lows. He let it clear he'll work into HIS version of the stories, I don't have a line against it. On the decadence home-page project (that'll be a section of my site) there's a section called "Decadence Be my Guest" where I intend to put other person's particular points of view and stories based on Decadence. If I could, I would kick all my tasteless life and dedicate myself only to this project. With some luck, at 2003, when the city'll be ten years full old I'm finally have something ready to go online. It's time.

I noticed that isn't worth to develop Decadence's storyline without putting all the pieces of the puzzle at their places, and there's a lot of them just missing. A lot of precious stuff have lost itself in time. It's almost a archeological work. I'll have to create new stuff to supply all holes that the years brough and the stuff I forgot and worst, the better ideas, the tormented dreams, everything I didn't put in paper, didn't even take a note, all this I'll have to re-create. It's crazy, feverish and hard work. A life-time effort. And pretty lonesome, because there's no other person in the world who could understand how hard I need to do this.

So, that's it. I intend to work as frequently as possible to do the "ultimate" version of Decadence. I hope the Gods help me and that I don't end more mad than usual on the way..."